QUESTIONS ABOUT BLINK
Have some unanswered questions? You have come to the right place.
Don’t see your answer? Learn more on our Videos page:
HOW DO I PAUSE?
You can pause your ride at any time with Blink! This makes it easy to reserve your scooter as you run an errand!
The first 25 minutes of the pause will charge .15/min, then the following 25 minute blocks will charge .20/min. The pause feature locks the scooter so that others can not access it while you run your errand.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The electric scooter is a system that does not require you to return it to a store or plug it in after every ride completes. The freedom to locate a zone nearby and just hop off and stop your ride is very cool. Just download the Blink Rides app from Apple or Google Play, fill out the quick new user application and then load your wallet. You can bundle your time – this allows you to buy in bulk and use your ‘allowance’ every time you ride.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
$1.50 FOR THE FIRST MINUTE PLUS .30/MIN AFTER TO RIDE
(Minutes must be purchased in $10.00 Increments prior or after your ride for ease of use.)
Blink Rides requires users to be 18+ and older.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
General Rule for parking in a zone
Locate the parking zones near your destination, note to enter your destination in Google maps and use the bicycle lane mode to get there safely.
The zones are a geo fenced, so you will need to be within the zone to deactivate the ride and your accruing charge.
The zones are near public and private property so make sure to follow the laws of a bicycle when standing your scooter after the ride is complete.
Restrictions to eligible scooter parking zones on sidewalks include:
- Scooters shall not be parked at the corners of sidewalks.
- Scooters shall not be parked against trees or within landscape planting beds.
- Scooters shall not be parked on blocks where the landscape/furniture zone is less than 3 feet wide, or where there is no landscape/furniture zone.
- On blocks without sidewalks, scooters may be parked if the travel lane(s) and 6-foot pedestrian clear zone are not impeded.
Scooters shall not be parked in the landscape/furniture zone adjacent to or within
- Parklets or streateries
- Transit zones – including bus stops, shelters, passenger waiting areas and bus layover and staging zones, except as existing scooter racks
- Loading zones
- ADA Handicap parking zones
- Street furniture that requires pedestrian access (i.e.. benches, parking pay stations, bus shelters, transit information signs, etc.)
- Curb ramps
- Entryways and Driveways
- Landscape planting beds or other landscape materials
- Scooters shall be upright when parked.
HOW DO I SCAN?
You will be able to scan scooters within the Blink Rides App!
HOW DO I PAY?
Payment is handled with the Blink Rides App for convenience!
REPORT AN INCIDENT
If you were involved in an incident, big or small, we urge you to let us know as soon as possible and, of course, call 911 if it warrants an emergency.
To start, we need to get as much information as possible. Please contact us by selecting the Support button on the bottom of the screen or by reaching our Support HERE. Click the “Accidents/Emergencies” option and continue to fill out all of the necessary information on the form.
Please be as specific as possible.
- Vehicle ID number
- Names of parties involved
- All contact information
- Any other information that is deemed necessary in determining what happened
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
PLEASE CONTACT US AND WE
CAN HELP YOU
Follow us on Facebook to be kept
informed on arrival date and more.